The mood is tense. Actually, the funkometer reads: George Clinton. Now that's funky. But that's the kind of month I've been having - 2 months actually, and I may explain the catalyst at a later date. Alright, I'll explain now. I shattered my collar bone while snowboarding at Mount Snow in January. I'm now the proud owner of a titanium plate and 11 screws (I asked for atomantium instead of titanium but my health insurance wouldn't approve it). I am know made of the same metal as the Lightspeed I can't afford.(http://www.litespeed.com/bikes/2006/road/ghisallo_.aspx) I've been on "light duty" since then and will remain on light duty until at least April 22. I've self diagnosed my mental state as: Acute cabinfever with residual S.A.D. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder) aggravated by inactivity and a slight hangover. Actually, the hangover part is not true. I'm probably still legally drunk, I won't be hungover until around lunch time. And I blame Arrogant Bastard Ale http://www.stonebrew.com/.
This is my first post, and may be my last. But while I'm here let me explain: LiquidCycles will mostly be me rambling (http://www.allmanbrothersband.com/index.php?module=My_eGallery&do=showpic&pid=8392&orderby=dateD) but I'll try to keep it centered on two wheels and adult sodas. I also plan on directing your attention to some web sites I find interesting (and I usually find them interesting while I'm at work).
Let me begin by saying if you're looking for some real wit head over to http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/, because you wont find it here.
And if you like motorcycles (2 wheels bud, I'll talk about razor scooters if I want to) http://thekneeslider.com/ is a must read. The motorcycle training motorcycle post (say it slowly - you'll get it) alone is worth a look.
And if you need a new mountain bike:http://www.douglas1.com/hollow.htm. These were going for almost $2,000 retail. I know, I have one. And the $80 complete pivot kit - they had issues with the pivots and replaced them under warranty. Maybe this guy bought a spare.
I'll try to imbed photos and get the hot links right for future posts. Just copy and paste for now. I'll leave you with this: http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/21/eagleray/index.html as evidence it could be worse. What are the chances?
And by the way, if anybody actually reads this and posts a comment . . . what's up with the podium comment crap? Who started that and why is being the first to post a comment on a blog/news story/web article medal worthy? My boss actually will skip the articles and read only the comments section. If he sees a funny comment he will then post a comment - without reading the article . . . yeah, hi Peter, whaaaat's happening . . .
1 comment:
First!
Post a Comment