Monday, March 24, 2008

Mondays

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Don't_Like_Mondays_(song)

And if you follow that link you'll see I'm not alone. It was, however, an excellent weekend. Weather was chill but the sun was out. Had the motorcycle out on Saturday, freezing my ass off but smiling. FYI: It's a 2005 Harley Sportster 1200r with a complete stage 1 (carb jets, pipes, airfilter) upgrade. Sort of loud, sort of fast. I had a 1996 CBR 900RR previously, not so loud, scary fast. I need to change the engine oil in the Harley, but I'm having trouble finding the oil. I even went to Walmart on Saturday morning (holy zoo batman) to see if they had it but no luck.

Now Walmart used to be the best place to go for people watching (rivaled only by the downtown Price Chopper). And it still is, however, with the economy in the tank it appears some of Target's clientel have ventured over there for some super discounts. It was quite a mixed bag on Saturday. I saw a lot of families that seemed to think it was a theme park. I shit you not there was a family there that had their kids on the little quarter rides in front of the store and the mom had a rather large and professional looking digital camera around her neck and she was setting up shots of the kids! I find it hard to believe the event was fortuitous. Who goes to Walmart with a $2000 digital camera on their neck without a plan?

And as luck would have it - I just had to run into someone I knew at Walmart on a Saturday morning . . . (de-emphasis added). Johnny, whose family owns PJ's Barbeque - the official air freshner of Saratoga in the summer - was walking out as I was walking in. PJ's is also the official countdown to Summer (late spring) as their large prominent sign counts down the "weeks until open." DEFCON PJ's currently set at 4!

Got a couple of the bicycles out of the garage on Saturday too. Took some short spins up and down the street, it puts too much weight on my shoulder though so - those get moth balled for another month. I did talk to my doctor's office last Thursday about running again and they actually gave me the green light! (Shit, no excuses anymore).

Went for a run early Sunday morning, 7 or 8 miles. Went better than expected but I'm pretty sore today. Now I just need to keep it up. Running is like cigarrettes - your first few are terrible, but if you persevere and keep it up, you'll crave that shit. I didn't like my first beer either, look at me now! http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://wso.williams.edu/~srura/gems/bitterbeer.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.golfhos.com/topic-7057.html&h=120&w=87&sz=15&tbnid=ZwP2Lyvyla4J:&tbnh=120&tbnw=87&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbitter%2Bbeer%2Bface&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=1&ct=image&cd=1

After the run I purchased 2 kayaks from Backcountry.com. The wife made me do it! I love that woman. http://outside.away.com/outside/gear/200712/gift-guide-necky-manitou-13.html
I chose these Kyaks specifically because of this picture. That's it, no other reason (I'm joking of course, but what a photo).

Spent Sunday mid-morning at Starbucks with my brother and some friends, couldn't talk the wife into coming downtown. Once she turns the fireplace on at the house it takes a lot to make her leave, and apparently me, my brother and my best man (and his girlfriend, and their dog) sitting around drinking coffee wasn't enough. Neither was going to Peabody's for a burger and some beers in the afternoon. I thought for sure the burger would do it, but she's all strict about her diet . . . I however, could have used her there to be the yin to my beer drinking yang.

What about church on Easter Sunday you ask? Fat Chance suckers! http://www.bikecult.com/works/archive/04bicycles/fatchanceYEB.html
We don't do the bible in our house.

Legend has it the on his death bed WC Fields was seen reading the bible, when one of his friends asked the confirmed atheist why, he replied "looking for loopholes." The way I see it is all he had to do was say "I'm sorry, and I accept Jesus" with his last breath. There's your loophole bud.

Do dogs believe in a higher power? http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080324031036.hpe4uyox&show_article=1&image=large
"How does one possess the ball? When one realizes that you do not possess the ball, but that there is no ball. Until you reach enlightenment the ball possess you."

That's all for now, need to get to work - and use the bathroom. Hopefully I'll be out of there quicker than this woman: http://edition.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/03/20/woman.bathroom.ap/

No comments: